Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday - Curiosity

Today is CURIOSITY day.

We swapped Thursday and Friday as I really wanted to take my kids to a local farm to check out the animals - curiosity got the better of me. I also really want some farm fresh eggs.

The big hit song in our house at the moment is "Old McDonald" (even my 1 yr old does the "E.I.E.I.O"!), so what better way to make the song come alive than go to a real farm and see real animals.

Homestead Farms is located at 4072 Keller Hicks Road, Keller, TX 76248 and here is a link to their website - http://www.sbrowning.net/homestead/homestead-farms_005.htm

They have a small store on-site that sells their produce, and out the back you can go see some of the animals.






The kids loved seeing the animals, but were disappointed there were no eggs yet. My three year old did go up to the hens and say "Come on chickens, where are the eggs?"





Going to any farm is a great experience for kids and adults alike - have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment