Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Friday - Days, Month

FRIDAY - DAYS, MONTH

Today is DAYS, MONTH day. What???? Well I am starting to teach my 3yr old all about the days of the week, and the months of the year.

Today we are talking about what day it is. The easiest way I know to teach this is to associate each day with an activity the child understands. Like for us, Friday is the day we go to our lake house!


Another way I do this is on Monday I explain to her what we will be doing this week - "Monday (today) we are going to your gymnastics class (yeah!).


Wednesday is play date with your friends, but we have to get through Tuesday first. We have Monday, then Tuesday, then we go to friend's house to play - but that is two more sleeps."

Once they can relate to the number of sleeps and the activities they do on particular days we introduce the names of the days. Again, like anything, repetition is the key. The more you say it the quicker they learn it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment